Are you planning a new paving project soon and don’t know who to pick? Unfortunately, you can’t have just anyone lay down your asphalt paving. It’s a detailed process that needs a professional who knows what they’re doing. They need to be licensed, have versatility with their projects, stay true to their quotes, and much more. We’ve come up with five things you need to keep in mind when you’re finding a paving contractor.
1. Check the Reviews. Make sure your contractor has a good reputation with their past customers. If you don’t know anyone personally, go to Facebook for their reviews, or a simple Google search can give you the answers you need. If you want to check out our reviews, go to our Facebook Page and our Google Reviews.
2. Check the License & Insurance. Every paving contractor needs to be licensed and insured. The license proves that they have gone through the proper training to operate the heavy machines. The insurance is in case an accident happens or for liability. Steer clear of any contractors who don’t show you their licensing or proof of insurance. It could result in a bigger mess down the line.
3. They Have Versatility. A good contractor can handle multiple projects such as asphalt paving, sealcoating, laying concrete, excavating, and more. A contractor who has this kind of knowledge is the best to have. You’ll be able to rely on one company for all of your services and not have to worry about companies overlapping.
4. Accurate and Reliable Quote. Make sure you know what you’re paying for before the work begins. Everything should be in a contract of precisely what needs to be done before the work begins. You should be paying for extra work you didn’t request.
5. Communication Is Always Key. Communication needs to happen at every step of the project. Once the contract is signed, you and your contractor still need to be communicating on what’s going on. What step is the process is in, when the expected finish date is, and much more.
Diehl Paving wants to get your paving done right! Contact us today for a free quote on your project!