● Asphalt naturally occurs around lakes. One of the largest deposits is off a Caribbean Island of Trinidad called Pitch Lake.
● Not every crack is the same for asphalt. There’s a variety such as:
○ Block cracking that’s a large square or rectangular shape
○ A transverse crack that is perpendicular because of high traffic
○ Edge cracking that you see on the edge of the asphalt
○ Alligator cracking is a close-knit area of cracks. It resembles alligator skin, hence the name.
○ Slippage cracks are crescent-shaped cracks that tend to turn into potholes.